About Ashrama

The Ashrama at Kanpur started modestly at Raja Manzil, Birana Road, in the 1920s by a group of inspired young men fired with the ideals of Sri Ramakrishna as envisaged and demonstrated by Swamiji. The Ashrama was called ‘Ramakrishna Seva Sadan’ and Srimat Swami Vijnananandaji, a direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, first visited this group.

Higher Secondary School was started in the year 1947

The Place


Know more...


Founded in 1920, by a band of dedicated young people under the leadership of Swami Nityanandaji Maharaj, Ashrama was first started in Karachi Khana locality. 28th October 1936 marked the historical day when Srimat Swami Vijnananandaji Maharaj, the 4th President of Ramakrishna Math & Mission and the direct disciple of Sri Ramakrishna laid the foundation of the Shrine.



  • Every Sunday 9:00 - 10:00 AM

    Meditation Class
    Swami Satyamayananda

  • Every Sunday 7:00 - 8:00 PM

    Srimad Bhagavad Gita
    Swami Satyamayananda